Internet Marketing Your Products
One of the biggest struggles we face helping businesses with their website is content. We ask for it - but many times get very little to work with. We understand you are busy running your business. But just a little investment of your time will enable us to help you even more.
When all else fails we will turn to the company making the products or services you sell. We sometimes will look at your competition to see how they market themselves. But you may have some hidden gem of knowledge or benefit that can put you over the top when a customer is choosing a new company. Besides helping your website rank well on the search engines, we need to make sure we are sending the right message to your potential customers.
Below is a questionnaire (guideline if you will) to help us better understand your business. These are key things we need to get right when doing web development for you.
- List all the features of the product or service you provide. For each feature, list at least one benefit.
- Of these features and benefits, which distinguish you from the competition?
- How does your product or service solve a problem for your target audience(s)?
- List all your competitors and why are they considered competition.
- List the strengths and weaknesses for each competitor. Also list what you like and don’t like about each.
- Why should your target audience choose you over your competition?
- Why wouldn’t they choose you over your competition?
Think about if you were sitting down with a customer and explaining to them why they should do business with you. Your website needs to outline that same information.